These past few days have been like that.
So rather than 'not post' because there's too much to post about, I've chosen to share this one quote I read that had quite an impact on me.
The issue of perfection is one I struggle with as you know. And it's been on my mind a lot this past week - how to shift the beliefs and habitual patterns that have me acting in judgemental and self-punishing ways.
I was sitting at the hair dressers, flicking through a magazine that had been left on the bench in front of me. I can't remember who said the words I am about to quote but I know it was a make-up artist. She was obviously talking about the wearing of make up but I took it as the beauty within.
"I don't like anything too perfect.
I think we're most beautiful
when we look real."
What struck me was the idea that beauty - true inner beauty - isn't perfection - it's being real.
Your true self.
The real you.
Honest. Vulnerable. Authentic.
When I read this quote my idea of perfection was again shattered - for the better. I can honestly say that being real matters more to me than being perfect - whatever that is!
So I'm kicking perfection out the door for good - no more demanding unattainable ideals about myself or ridiculous expectations loaded with 'should'.
The crazy thing is that deep down I already believe that being authentic is more beautiful than being perfect - I've just always applied to others...never to myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment